Tuesday, March 18, 2008

First Post

When I was younger, I was always searching for good music. In those days, there was no internet, no internet radio, FM etc. The only scope was music channels like MTV or Channel [V]. But as usually, their program schedule consisted 12hours of ad. out of 24hours. Out of those 12hours, 8 hours were devoted to remixes and 4 hours to desi gaane(song). There was very little scope for listening to my type of music. F...i...n...a...l...l...y when the use of internet became cheaper, my leisure hours were and are spent listening to my favorite music pieces.Aaah. God bless internet. I not only archived great musics, but also learned a lot about them. I searched, researched, and understood music theoretically like what is a jazz, what is called classical , what is a ballad, what is a nocturne etc. These understanding helped me to enjoy music even more.

I am writing this blog to let you know what is called music, truly Great Music. I know, it depends entirely on individual taste and choice. However, I think this blog may help those with the same taste as mine.

What I have planned for this blog is to post a piece of music with its history, information, place/shop for its availability along with a short music sample. So that you can also hear what the post is all about. I have a wide variety of taste for music. I will post all of them one by one whenever I am free.

Please note that all the music available in this site is only for the purpose of listening. No copyright infringement is intended. You should purchase the music from any online shop or music store. Say no to download and piracy.

You can also share your favorite music here so that we all can share our taste & knowledge. Please do mail me(gurujee1@rediffmail.com) or comment here if you want to share or get a particular music of your choice. I will try to get all of them. Have a great time.

No comments: